04 August 2016

How Much is Too Much?

Things have not been going very smoothly and here are some question that I've been thinking about lately.

How much is considered giving myself too much to others? Both work and personal aspect. The time and effort I give in, is it even worth it? It's a difficult question to answer and I've yet to get a solid conclusion about it. But what I've learned is that once giving no longer comes with willingness, it's time to reconsider the reason for giving and why have I become so unwilling.

Also thinking about my own character, which is also largely self explanatory from my Chinese name, that's the reason why I would again and again despite being under appreciated or brush off, I still give my care and concern, time and effort. I'll almost never stop giving excuses for others to myself for the misbehaviour they have towards me. Maybe this is what God means of loving those unlovable ones.

Yes, it's definitely not easy. But with the love I have already experienced and experiencing everyday from God, I feel that I should give it the same as how He have given unto me. Following by a reminder from a friend that keeps me going on now:

「愛是恆久忍耐,又有恩慈;愛是不忌妒;愛是不自誇,不張狂,不做害羞的事,不求自己的益處,不輕易發怒,不計算人的惡,不喜歡不義,只喜歡真理;凡事包容,凡事相信,凡事盼望,凡事忍耐。
如今常存的有信,有望,有愛這三樣,其中最大的是愛」
哥林多前書 13: 4-7,13

因為我是純愛,給予的愛也該如此。

No comments: